We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
With a few simple cardboard rolls, the kind that wrap kitchen paper, we can do hundreds of things. For example, a pirate spyglass, for children to have a fun and entertaining time. We explain how to recycle the cardboard tubes of kitchen paper or wrapping paper rolls to make them a fun complement to the pirate costume. Are you up for it?
- Recycled cardboard rolls. You will need three rolls of different sizes
- Acrylic paints of different sizes, of different colors
- Pair of scissors
Tips: personalize your animals with different motifs and elements to your liking
We already have the materials, so we can start making our pirate buccaneer spyglass to play with. Follow the steps and you will get a personalized one to your liking:
1. Paint the medium roll with the colors that you like the most. You can paint it smooth or add some drawing. Maybe waves, stars, or stamping the figure of a parrot. Use your imagination!
2. The next roll should be slightly narrower than the previous one. But if not, don't worry. You can make both rolls fit by sinking inwards a little the stretch of one of the rolls or gluing them with cellophane paper. Paint this scroll black and include some typical pirate or sailor detail, such as an anchor.
3. Now paint the smaller roll. This roll may be the one left when the toilet paper runs out. This ensures that it is slightly wider than the longest roll.
4. The following is couple the three rolls to form the spyglass. You can do it by sinking the ends of one of the rolls. If you don't succeed, you can always join the rolls with transparent adhesive paper and then give them a small coat of paint to camouflage it.
5. And you already have the pirate spyglass. Now you only need the hook, a compass and a map to search for the treasure.